Thursday, April 30, 2009

Online Community Results

I joined a mail ring called Teachers.net. I was actually not too excited about it in the beginning. It was a mailing system that mailed all people signed up whenever something new was started by another teacher. Some of the topics ended up being “venting” and not actually about education. Some of the topics though were beneficial. Topics ranged from discipline to different lesson plan tools.

I do think that this mail ring was a good idea. I do think though that it should be more centered on teachers in a specific area for each ring. Some of the topics didn’t seem to apply to me and my area. Other topics were just general questions that could have been asked elsewhere. There were multiple mail rings that you could join such as; beginning teachers, science teachers and student teachers. Sometimes not much was going on and no one responded to topics so things were a little boring.

I think that after we all graduate from this program us Sitka MAT’ers should do something like this or start our own facebook group so we can keep in touch. Now that would be a relevant mail ring!

No comments: