Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Energy Conservation Video and Reflections

Here is the link to my video on Teacher Tube.

Reflections:
I watched this video a few times. Then I toyed with trying to edit it correctly so my host teacher cursing at the video camera would be removed.....yeah.

After I made the video I went straight home then reviewed it later. As I watched it I giggled at how nervous I was!! I stand in front of kids all day long and yet giving a presentation to a room full of no one I was nervous at the beginning I could hear it in my voice. Though I must admit that I did feel a little sheepish talking to myself while in a room all alone.


Ok on to my review of me.

I noticed in the beginning of the video I seem distracted; and that I jump right into my presentation assuming that the viewers know exactly what is going on. Those of you in the class do but if I was presenting this to newcomers I would need to make sure that I gave them background information; some sort of anticipatory set maybe.

I also was nervous as I stated before. Which was odd for me but I think it was because this isn't a subject I am comfortable speaking about. I am more comfortable talking about geology because it is "in me" and presenting something new was more uncomfortable.
I am also not sure if I always put my hands in my pockets. But I probably should find some sort of happy medium between hands in pocket and using my beloved hand gestures.

Another thing that I learned is that I need more experience with movie editing software. I had to have one of my students help me use the editing program on the schools Mac's. I don't own a Mac so I was unfamiliar with the way it worked; and I don't have experience with any other software.

After reviewing my video for the first time I thought to myself crap I better do that again tomorrow. I didn't obviously and I think that this will serve as a better lesson to me. I got to see what I do wrong when doing things in an impromptu sort of way. I now know what I need to work on.

No comments: